Date:      Sun, 9 Apr 2000 20:34:53 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
To:        hubs@freebsd.org
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   xyz.lcs.mit.edu (aka ftp5.freebsd.org) now has more complete mirror

Thanks to the generosity of Rob Seastrom, the disk space available to
ftp5.freebsd.org has grown tenfold.  As a result, the mirror is now
more complete than it was before, and finally has a complete
4.0-RELEASE installation and package distribution for both Alpha and
Intel architectures, including ISO-9660 CDROM images.  xyz is also a
cvsup mirror serving the complete set of cvsup collections.

If you are at an Internet2-participating organization, use a MediaOne
cable modem, or are connected to NEAR^H^H^H^HBBN^H^H^HGTE^H^H^HGenuity
in the Boston area, you will get much faster access from our server
than from the main FreeBSD.org hosts in California.

In addition, our expanded disk space also allows us to mirror parts of
the following other resources:

	ftp.AfterStep.org
	CPAN, the Comprehensive Perl Archive Network (except core files)
	rsync.NetBSD.org (except packages; weekly)
	ftp.OpenBSD.org (weekly)
	ftp.X.org (weekly)
	PostgreSQL
	ftp.XFree86.org (except untarred)
	ftp.ietf.org (if they ever fix their server)
	ftp.scriptics.com

We hope you are able to make use of these resources.  Outside clients
are subject to a 100 user limit under FTP.

-GAWollman
(for bug-network@lcs.mit.edu)