Date:      Sun, 27 Aug 2000 14:03:25 +0200
From:      Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.demon.nl>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Compaq Armada E700 on -current

I just brought my Compaq Armada E700 to -current. The dmesg bit on
the pccard stuff goes like:

pcic0: <VLSI 82C146> at port 0x3e0 iomem 0xd0000 on isa0
pcic0: Polling mode
pccard0: <PC Card bus -- kludge version> on pcic0
pccard1: <PC Card bus -- kludge version> on pcic0
ppc0: <Parallel port> at port 0x378-0x37f irq 7 on isa0

Everything works fine, I love the internal 10/100 fxp ethernet. But as
soon as I plugin a PCMCIA card the machine locks up solid. A boot with a
PC card installed also hangs. Interestingly enough the lockup occurs
regardless whether pccardd runs or not. I've tested with a Psion V34 modem
card and an Adaptec 1460B SCSI card.

Any fellow E700 owners that can comment on this phenomenon?

Wilko

NB please keep me CC:ed, I don't subscribe to -mobile

--
Wilko Bulte  	 					wilko@freebsd.org
							Arnhem, the Netherlands