Date:      Mon, 24 Jul 2000 17:50:42 +0200
From:      alex@big.endian.de (Alexander Langer)
To:        new-bus@freebsd.org, mdodd@freebsd.org, tanimura@freebsd.org
Subject:   ed driver newbusified - review/testers wanted

Hello!

I now newbus-ified the ed driver.
That also ports it to the alpha-platform (includes some patches done
by me earlier and by BDE, who re-wrote parts for PC98).

I've tested my NE2000 PCI Ethernet (RealTek 8029) card now on
my alpha and it works fine. (I'm kinda proud :-)

What I now need is a review of the patches [1] as well as a test on
the following card-types:

- NICs with the DS8390 chipset from National Semiconductor
- WD and SMC as well as 3Com 3c503 cards that are supported by the
  ed driver
- Novell NE1000/NE2000 or clones
- HP PC Lan+ adapters.

I'd especially welcome HP/WD/SMC testers, since these use extra code.

The patch is at
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~alex/if_ed.patch

Comments welcome!

Alex

[1] Look at the if_edvar.h patch.  I think the #ifdef stuff needs to
be reworked, but one thing is sure: it must be u_int for Alpha's, if
it's u_short, the card isn't detected.
--
cat: /home/alex/.sig: No such file or directory