Date:      Sat, 1 Jan 2000 17:28:30 +0200
From:      John Savitsky <john@kspu.kr.ua>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SCB 0x34 timed out in dataout phase, Again (sorry)

  Hi! Happy New Y2K! ;-)

On Mon, Dec 27, 1999 at 05:24:58PM -0700, Kenneth D. Merry wrote:

> It could be that your problem was that you were running 3.2.  There is a
> bug in the 7890 that Justin worked around shortly after 3.3 was released.
> So with 3.4, you've got the fix.
>
> Anyway, if you continue to have problems, send mail to the list.

  After a while of testing, here the results.
  It is much less annoying bug that it was with the old drivers, but I
have some problems anyway:

   o  every time I taking a new tape and labeling it with amlabel,
      I getting a "(sa0:ahc0:0:3:0) tape is now frozen-" error.
      Note, that this error was absent before.

   o  I still encounter a "time out in dataout phase" error (but less
      frequently, about 1 on 3--4 backups).

--
   Sincerely yours, John Savitsky                         DE UR5VIB