Date:      Sun, 25 Jun 2000 03:48:58 -0400
From:      Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>
To:        Mike <mike@adept.org>
Cc:        "Fast, Daniel H (Danny), SITS" <fastd@att.com>, security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Out of Office?

On Fri, Jun 23, 2000 at 03:24:32PM -0700, Mike wrote:

> If properly configured, I believe it should send to the From: (which would
> be the poster, not the list) not the Reply-To: (the list), and it should
> only do that once.

When of course the correct thing to check is the following:

[...]

This will help you filter out what is personal mail and what is mailing list
mail, in which case you'd only send a reply to personal mail.

This works on 99% of the mailing lists out there, with the large exception
being BUGTRAQ. They're obviously too busy approving the latest 0-day
Ax4000 and grep -c 'sprintf' exploits to properly configure their mailing
list software.

--
Bill Fumerola - Network Architect / Computer Horizons Corp - CVM
e-mail: billf@chc-chimes.com / billf@FreeBSD.org