Date:      Sun, 23 Apr 2000 11:43:24 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Bernhard Beck <bbeck@mindmaker.com>
Cc:        smp@FreeBSD.ORG, luoqi@watermarkgroup.com
Subject:   Re: Patch works with Dell 2450 (Re: Multiple APIC support)

:I just confirmed that Luoqi's patch works against 4.0-RELEASE on a Dell
:PowerEdge 2450.
:The system boots fine. I ran a quick check by re-compiling the kernel.
:So far no problems.
:FBSD 4.0, RCC chipset, AIC 7899 and SMP all working at the same time.
:
:Now waiting for the commit of the patch to 4.0-STABLE.
:
:Thanks a lot guys, you saved my day!
:
:Bernhard
:bbeck@mindmaker.com

    It looks like Luoqi has committed & MFC'd the patch!  I would like to
    take this opportunity to congratulate Luoqi (and those that provided
    the excellent bug reports) on locating and fixing this problem.  The
    issue with SMP breakage on the Dell boxes has been with us for a while
    and it's nice to see progress!

    While there are certainly going to be continuing issues with SMP
    compatibility (for example, the NEC box, which is still an open issue),
    getting it working on Dell boxes was a major hurdle due to the number
    of people using Dell SMP boxes.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>