Date:      Sun, 27 May 2001 02:35:43 -0700
From:      "Will L G" <diskman@kc.rr.com>
To:        <freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   FreeBSD and Alpha PC164SX

There are no bugs? Thats pretty big talking. I wondered if there were some
problems with it. I noticed during the installation it would ask to install
and configure it but it wouldn't simply install. I had to install it
manually then config. Once config'd the screen is all distorted and what
not. Alot of the graphics are simply missing. Didn't have a single problem
with it picking up the mouse.

I'll just go ahead and swing over to Tru64. It appears to be well supported
and there appears to be more software dedicated specifically for it and the
alpha.  Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against the FREE movement
but I generally have the impression, if its free odds are you don't want it
[;-)  Tru64 is $75 well invested I feel.