Date:      Mon, 24 Sep 2001 00:03:08 +0000
From:      Yoriaki FUJIMORI <fujimori@grafin.fujimori.cache.waseda.ac.jp>
To:        Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.4-RELEASE on up1100

I am willing to test new releases and release candidates on up1100.
It is pity that Samusung has not marketed up1100 widely.

As for 4.4-RELEASE on up1100, I noticed some inconviniences.
They are related to scsi and ethernet.
I tested NCR53C895 based cards from LSI.

(1)  When `shutdowon -r now' is invoked, the system hangs in the middle
of reboot---scsi tests freezes the system.  This happens with the symbios
driver.

(2)  If the ncr driver is applied, with symbios disabled in the kernel,
then in the middle of reboot (by `shutdown -r now' as in the above) the
dc0 (up1100's onboard nic) starts complaining that
"dc0 watchdog timeout",
so that the system cannot be connected to the network.

So, right now, I cannot do remote reboot of the system.
Please note that the above two were not observed when I was running 4.3
on it.  It seems they do not take place on my AlphaPC164 boxes, either.
(Hardware configuration is different, though.)

Best,
Yoriaki