Date:      Sun, 25 Nov 2001 00:58:07 -0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
To:        Hiten Pandya <hitmaster2k@yahoo.com>
Cc:        ia64@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: where do i find the tools?

Hiten Pandya wrote:
> hi all,
> i updated my CVSup tree today.. just right now.. and i
> thought i would try and build the IA64 SKI Kernel..
> but the problem is...
>
> it says... it cant find ia64-unknown-gcc ... i
> remember there was a message on the archives about
> this...
>
> but the thing is.. i cant find the root filesystem tar
> file... i can find the toolchain..
>
> help is appreciated...
> thanks...

The mail archives are here:

http://docs.freebsd.org/mail/archive/2000/freebsd-ia64/
http://docs.freebsd.org/mail/archive/2001/freebsd-ia64/

Everything you need to know is in there.  Please take half an hour
or so to browse over it so that you dont run into stuff that has already
been answered.

In particular:
 - toolchain locations and problems
 - essential patches that you must apply