Date:      Sun, 30 Dec 2001 13:21:22 +0100
From:      Marko R <gofljac@siol.net>
To:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   ipfw and packet weight

Re all!

This one thing is bothering me about ipfw traffic shaping ability. Lets say
we have:

ipfw pipe 1 config bw 128kbit/s
ipfw queue 1 config weight 5 pipe 1
ipfw queue 2 config weight 50 pipe 1
ipfw add queue 1 ip from box1 to any
ipfw add queue 2 ip from box2 to any
ipfw add pipe 1 ip from box3 to any
ipfw add allow ip from box4 to any

these rules are kinda stupid but just to illustrate what i mean :-)

This means that box1-3 are limited to 128kbit/s of bandwidth and box4 is
free. Now what I dont understand is which box has maximum priority here?
Does higher weight number means higher priority? And what about box4 who
isn't piped and queued what is his priority?

Thank you for bothering and answering!
Marko from Slovenia