Date:      Mon, 26 Feb 2001 22:53:44 +0100
From:      "Vittorio Mori" <vmori@cronosnet.com>
To:        <freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org>
Subject:   i4b 0.96, USR TA INT card & FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE

    Hi all,

I still don't know if I am the only one with this problem, but I made some
other tests and I'm pretty sure there's some kind of bug or inconsistency in
i4b 0.96 + FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE + USR ISA TA INT.

I downloaded the 4.2 distribution ISO image, and installed it "pristine" -
new hd, new Pc. Also got i4b 0.96 & installed it.
I wanted to test my USR ISA TA INT card, which, strangely, stopped working
on FreeBSD 4.1.1, but under winslows worked ok (!).

The problem I had (and which I reported some time ago) was the "invalid
number format" string.
Results of the test under various versions of BSD:

Under 3.1-RELEASE - working OK (i4b version 0.90 I guess, was an old beta)
Under 4.0-RELEASE - working OK
Under 4.1.1 - "invalid number format"
Under 4.2-RELEASE - "invalid number format"

A Winbond PCI isdn card worked ok on all conditions.

I just want to know if someone has this kind of problem .. I suspect there's
something weird going on ... maybe the code concerning the ISA bus has got
some rework ? Newbus stuff?

I am also sure that my config is OK, got i4b working for more than a year,
flawlessly.

  Bye,
Wyk'01