Date:      Sun, 18 Mar 2001 14:38:37 +0600 (ALMT)
From:      Boris Popov <bp@butya.kz>
To:        Sergey Babkin <babkin@bellatlantic.net>
Cc:        security@freebsd.org, Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>, Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org>, fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: about common group & user ID space (PR kern/14584)

On Sat, 17 Mar 2001, Sergey Babkin wrote:

> I want to commit PR kern/14584. I've been told that it's good
> to discuss it in -arch, -security and -fs. (It has been sort of
> discussed on -hackers already, there were not much replies).

	Well, the idea looks good. It doesn't break any existing command
except that the one need a (simple) tool to control required pseudo flat
UID/GID space.

	However, I'm more liked it, if it will be possible to enable such
behavior on a per-mount basis (but I guess we're out of spare mount
options).

--
Boris Popov
http://www.butya.kz/~bp/