Date:      Sun, 21 Jan 2001 02:35:50 -0700 (MST)
From:      Darren <darren@tzeench.dhs.org>
To:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>

alright, I'm not sure if this is a hardware problem that can be helped.
but I wonder if anyone out there is having a similar problem.  I have a
maxtor 60 gig drive, whenever it approaches the 30 gig mark... we've never
had a need to store more than that.  it starts crashing.  my system has
frozen up two times in the last week.  with the current incident I was in
telnet over my lan from windows, decompressing a file and using cuteftp to
download a different file.  I heard a beep come from the
computer(FreeBSD), and that was it... crashed...  had to force a reboot
by manually pressing the button.

-Darren