Date:      Mon, 10 Jun 2002 12:39:18 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Harti Brandt <brandt@fokus.gmd.de>
To:        "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
Cc:        atm@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: hfa0 PCA200E

On Fri, 7 Jun 2002, Matthew N. Dodd wrote:

MND>On Fri, 7 Jun 2002, Ben wrote:
MND>> Sorry to be vague, I was referring to the interest in development and
MND>> maintaining ATM. I know there is interest in the use, I myself for
MND>> instance am ;-)
MND>
MND>There are developers working on ATM in -CURRENT now so it won't be going
MND>away.
MND>
MND>My hope is to clean up the existing HARP drivers (and inport the 'idt'
MND>driver) so that the hardware drivers can be shared between HARP, NATM, and
MND>the netgraph ATM stack.  This has obvious advantages.

Netgraph-ATM has a driver for the Marconi 155HE (which should also work
with the 622HE). Given that these card cost the same as the 200E and are a
good deal better (they support traffic shaping, ABR, VPI!=0) it could make
sense to HARPify and import it.

harti
--
harti brandt, http://www.fokus.gmd.de/research/cc/cats/employees/hartmut.brandt/private