Date:      Thu, 22 Aug 2002 00:58:10 +0200
From:      Vincent Jardin <vjardin@wanadoo.fr>
To:        freebsd-atm@freebsd.org
Subject:   BPF into the HARP stack

Hi,

I am wondering where the best place could be to add a bpf_[m]tap support into
the HARP stack.

For example, I think that the incoming mbufs could be tapped into atm_subr.c:
  atm_intr()

About's the outgoing mbufs, I think that they could be tapped into atm_if.c:
  atm_ifoutput().

However, which DLT_XXX should I use ? I do not think that DLT_ATM_RFC1483,
nor DLT_ATM_CLIP are the right one because it is not useful for the ILMI,
ARP, ... cells.

Moreover, which header shoud be appended in order to be compatible with
tcpdump and ethereal ?

Thanks,
  Vincent