Date:      Sun, 20 Jan 2002 22:59:07 +0100
From:      Wim Livens <wim@livens.net>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   porting disk2d64 to freebsd ?

I've found a nice tool to transfer Commodore 64 disks to .D64 images
(http://www.weihenstephan.org/~michaste/disk2d64/)

However, this is for Linux.  I think it shouldn't be too hard to get
it to run under freebsd, even for a amateur like me.  I rather not
install a linux box just for that...

It's a very small C program that controls the parallel port using
primitives from linux's <sys/io.h>, like outb() etc.

I'm not familiar with this but don't mind fooling around a bit so I've
found that <machine/cpufunc.h> provides the same definitions, so I
included that and it compiled up to:

gcc -o disk2d64 -O3 disk2d64.c
/tmp/cci9d5Ir.o: In function `main':
/tmp/cci9d5Ir.o(.text+0x6a9): undefined reference to `ioperm'
*** Error code 1

Now I guess I have to link some library, but have no idea how to
find which one.

I'm not at all sure if I'm on the right track, any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

(Please reply to me directly, I'm not on the list.)