Date:      Sun, 14 Apr 2002 12:26:33 -0300 (BRT)
From:      "Giovanni P. Tirloni" <tirloni@bs2.com.br>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   RAID0+1

Hi,

 I'm planning on using Vinum with striped and mirrored plexes. I'm
still starting on researching and I would like some advices on this
topic. I haven't done anything practical until now.

 Is a setup where I would have a striped plex with two subdisks of the
same size through Vinum and the whole thing mirrored by using IDE RAID
(with the HTP374 controller) and two other identical subdisks be
correct? Like leaving the striping to the software and the mirroring
to the "hardware". Is this a correct approach to the problem? If so,
how does replacing bad subdisks work in such environment?

 If you guys can give me some hints or point me to appropriate
documentation or alternative solutions I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance,

--
Giovanni P. Tirloni