Date:      Wed, 15 May 2002 16:53:04 -0600
From:      "Kendall Gifford" <kendall@jedis.com>
To:        <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   3Com 3c996b-t support

Hello, we have a Dell Poweredge 1550 that needs a new NIC (the built in
Intel NIC's have issues, see mail thread:
http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=166294+0+archive/2002/freeb
sd-stable/20020512.freebsd-stable). The server has 2 66mhz 64 bit pci
slots. Our main IT person recently went to a tech. show and stopped and
talked to the people at the 3com display. They convinced him that the
3com 3c996b-t would be the best card to match our needs. Since he told
me, I've been searching to see what kind of support freebsd 4.5 stable
has for this. All I could find was that the bge driver supports the 3com
3c996-t (note the missing 'b') and not much else.

So, can anyone tell me if the 3c996b-t from 3com works with the bge
driver, and with freebsd in general? If not, does anyone have any card
recommendations? Thanks.