Date:      Tue, 21 May 2002 22:47:45 +0300
From:      "Maksim Korzhanoff" <tim@dns.mpe.lv>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-i18n@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Linux Screenmap to FreeBSD

Good day time!

    I have myself maded font files for linux. It's like a KOI8-R codepage,
but only with Latvian language support. So I have Russian+English+Latvian
font files (8x8,8x14, 8x16) - Latvian is like english, only have some
special symbols. Font files from linux is migrated perfectly - all's ok. But
problem is with screenmap. In linux I just choosed: screenmap=koi8r2cp866,
fonts=myfonts, but in FreeBSD when I'm set screenmap=koi8r2cp866,
fonts=myfonts - Russain and English shows well, but Latvian special symbols
are displaced (on the place of spec.symbol is other spec.symbol - not
correct one). So I have a problem to migrate linux screenmap (I have file)
intro FreeBSD screenmap.
    How I understood - in linux screenmap, file format is plain-text
(unicode described) but in FreeBSD - binary. So I want to convert it, or
I'll listen for other solution. It is thankful in advance.

P.S. I'm trying to look at vidcontrol.c & decode.c (to know how it's
converted), but I don't know C, so it was just a silly sitting and peering
in the monitor... I really need help to make my codepage work!
P.S.S. Sorry for my english ;-)

With best regards, Maksim Korzhanov
TUV Nord Baltik SIA
Klijanu 23, Riga, Latvia, LV-1012