Date:      Sun, 1 Sep 2002 13:39:05 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ian Kettleborough <ian@idk.com>
To:        ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   Need some info please

I am getting a lot ofDNS  accesses (one was 50,000) but when I catch these
I can block. What I am interested in the time that a typical denial
statement

ipfw add 1000 reject udp from x.x.x.0/24 to any

takes to run and is this the most efficent was to do it.

I am still running 2.8 (until I get 6.2 installed) but I may have 50 of
these statements already mostly from eastern europe, china, russia and
others.

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Thanks
Ian