Date:      Sun, 3 Feb 2002 04:31:43 -0500 (EST)
From:      "W. Desjardins" <bill@carracing.com>
To:        <Freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   mail server config

Hello,

I searched the archives and could not find what I needed, so here goes. I
am looking to setup my mailserver to use user accounts that are not 'real'
system accounts. basically, I want to be able to use a backend db (mysql
or postgres) to manage the mail settings for users. I do both hosting and
colocation for clients and dealing with real user accounts on the mail
server is getting to be a real pain :(

I am currently using postfix and cucipop, but would like to implement IMAP
also.

What options do I have for a mail system without 'real' user accounts?
I would like to stay with postfix, but pop/imap clients are not too
particular to me.

My requirements are:

- no 'real' user accounts
- SAFE - a secure system/setup
- virtual domain email accounts and mapping
- pop & IMAP
- SMTP remote auth

Any help/pointers are appreciated.

TIA,