Date:      Sun, 8 Sep 2002 16:44:44 +0930
From:      Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Tyler Richey <tyler@cagelink.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Date problem

Message on a single overlong line, corrected.

On Saturday,  7 September 2002 at 17:56:40 -0500, Tyler Richey wrote:
> I am having a problem with postfix.  Every email that comes through
> our mail server it tacks a hour onto the time.  If I set the time
> back one our on the server and on the machine sending it, it will say
> the right time.  Im not sure if this is a postfix problem, I don't
> think it is because there are no things in postfix to control time.
> I think it is something with daylight savings time but im not sure,
> any ideas?

Look at your time zone.  For some reason it's set to EST.  You don't
say where you are, but based on the headers, I'd guess you're really
on the US East Coast, where the time is currently EDT, an hour ahead:

>         by dummy.domain.name (Postfix) with SMTP id 86D3C2182D1
>         for <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>; Sat,  7 Sep 2002 17:56:13 -0500 (EST)

Assuming I'm correct about you location, you should do:

  # cp /usr/share/zoneinfo/America/New_York /etc/localtime

After that, stop and restart postfix, and all should be well.

Greg
--
When replying to this message, please take care not to mutilate the
original text.