Date:      Sun, 22 Sep 2002 07:16:15 -0700
From:      "Greg Smith" <freebsd_mail@myrealbox.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: more thinkpad info

Paul,

Just shifting the PCI IRQ should do no good at all.  You would want to
assign MULTIPLE PCI IRQs to get any benefit.

You could assign multiple IRQs to PCI from the following list, as
indicated from your output below - 3, 5, 7, 9, 10, 11.  Why not try the
following:

ps2 pciirq 11 10 9 7

Then reboot, and pray that the BIOS and/or FreeBSD are kind enough to
spread your devices across the available PCI IRQs.

Since your sound is PCI I don't think there is a straight-forward way
for you to assign it to an IRQ.  Messing with PCI IRQs should just be
an exceptional case to get around poor (or overloaded?) device drivers.

Greg