Date:      Wed, 2 Oct 2002 13:43:38 -0300
From:      Fernan Aguero <fernan@iib.unsam.edu.ar>
To:        openoffice@freebsd.org
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   [concern] : disk space needed for building openoffice

Hi!

I'm a StarOffice-52 user, and I've been watching progress on the
openoffice port, waiting to try it. It seems that it is no longer
marked as BROKEN, but something is still preventing me from trying
it. There is a NOTICE that appears upon starting the installation
that says that I'd need plenty of disk space to build it (4 GB).

Is this real?

Currently I've a 5 GB partition for /usr, and use never got
over 75%, even with lots of downloaded stuff in
/usr/ports/distfiles. Now with a fresh install, I'm using 1.5 GB
and have nearly 3 GB free. This includes all the FreeBSD sources,
which I keep updated and the remnants of my last buildworld +
buildkernel (which I didn't 'make clean' yet).

Is it possible that builduing an office suite consumes far more
resources that a full blown OS? I'm just intrigued :|

Fernan

--
F e r n a n   A g u e r o
http://genoma.unsam.edu.ar/~fernan