Date:      Mon, 17 Jun 2002 14:14:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
To:        scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   CAM extend patch

I have put together a patch for cam/scsi/* that removes use of the extend
array for storing the softc and instead uses dev_t->si_drv1 (as other
drivers do).  With this patch, /sys/cam/cam_extend* can be deleted.  Apply
the patch with:

  cd /sys/cam/scsi; patch -p0 < extend-remove.patch
  cd /usr/src; make buildkernel ...

Please test it and let me know if you have any problems.  I have it
running on today's -current with 4 disk exerciser processes running
against the da device with no problems.  However, there are no guarantees
that it will not cause data loss, etc. so use with caution on
non-important drives.  I am especially interested in making sure the tape
(sa) support is correct so please test that.

   http://www.root.org/~nate/extend-remove.patch

Thanks,
Nate