Date:      Sun, 17 Feb 2002 09:18:37 -0500
From:      Glenn Gombert <ggombert@imatowns.com>
To:        LxUser <dsp58268@adelphia.net>, freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: KDE Freezes

KDE seems to be 'crashing' for me in the last several weeks when used with
the latest version of XFree86_4.1 that is now in the ports collection. I
have gone back to using a slightly older version of XFree86_4.1 (from late
last Fall) which has fixed the problem...it has something to do with the
latest source of XFree86 ....

At 07:40 PM 2/16/2002 -0500, LxUser wrote:
>Hello,
>	I have version 4.2 w/10 CD's.  Every time I compile a Duel
>processor Kernel KDE quits working.  If I open a file document and work
>in it, then close it, all the icons in the background get removed, or
>parts are removed.  The system freezes and I can't open any other
>applications or documents.  My only way out is (ctrl+alt+backspace),
>which puts me back at the console.
>	I'm running a Tyan Thunderbolt motherboard, and two Intel 400 Pentium
>II's.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I bought this at CompUSA
>in Sept. 2001 in New Mexico while out of town working.  Just lately did
>I have a chance to install it.  I also run BeOS 4.5, SuSE 7.0, ManDrake
>8.0, Win98. I use the BeOS's bootman as the boot loader! Great boot
>loader!
>	I want to tell you people what a "Great FTP" service you have!  No one
>can touch you guys, it's so easy, and user friendly!  Thanks again.
>
>Regards,  Don

>with "unsubscribe freebsd-smp" in the body of the message

Glenn Gombert
ggombert@imatowns.com