Date:      Sun, 9 Jun 2002 15:26:41 +0000
From:      Bri <brian.hood@blueyonder.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-sparc@freebsd.org
Subject:   strange procfs problem when compiling new sparc64 kernel

Hi I've managed to compile my own kernel which only has these
differences to the GENERIC one here's the diff.

[Surf1] /usr/current/src/sys/sparc64/conf% diff GENERIC ROUTERSPARC6420020608
64a65,67
>  options               IPDIVERT
>  options               IPFIREWALL
>  options               IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE

I get this message on boot when it trys to mount the procfs from my
/etc/fstab file

procfs doesn't support the old mount syscall

besides that my compile boots great.

the procfs line for the fstab file looks like

proc            /proc   procfs  rw      0       0

I'm really not sure what is wrong I'm currently running the GENERIC
kernel you supplied with the cd rom iso image which I then installed
onto my harddisk using the instructions provided.

this one..

FreeBSD Surf1 5.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT #9: Tue Apr  9 04:25:17
GMT 2002
jake@u60.locore.ca:/usr/current/src/sys/sparc64/compile/GENERIC
sparc64

any help would be great

the kernel sources I'm using are the ones I just from the cvs about 2
days ago so there quite upto date.

Bri,