Date:      Sun, 6 Jan 2002 11:52:50 +0100
From:      aaron <aaron@lo-res.org>
To:        naddy@mips.inka.de (Christian Weisgerber), freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADSUP: several locale renames were MFCed

On Sunday 06 January 2002 02:01, Christian Weisgerber wrote:
> Bruce A. Mah <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG> wrote:
> > If I'm not mistaken, this means that all the locale names are now
> > consistent across -CURRENT, 4-STABLE, and the doc/ tree.
>
> And X11.  So setting, say, de_DE.ISO8859-15 will automatically
> enable compose sequences for the Latin 9 characters.

sorry, this might sound stupid, but...
  could you elaborate your answer in more detail?
Do you mean: if I set LC_CTYPE, LANG, whatever in the shell to -15
X11 should know all about it already?

My experience is that you still have to manually change the fonts.aliases
and /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults/* files.

aaron.

--
RIPE - Rest  In  Peace,  E-commerce