Date:      Sun, 16 Mar 2003 21:46:53 +1200
From:      Craig Carey <snowfall@gmx.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   OpenBSD uses SpamCop (was Re: Blocking addresses of non-spammers; bug reporting

The OpenBSD mailing list seem to be running better.

http://www.openbsd.org/mail.html :

--

Declan wrote about SpamCop.

http://www.politechbot.com/p-04259.html  : the summary upto 18 Dec2002

At 2002\12\18 10:51 -0500 Wednesday, Declan McCullagh wrote:
 >SpamCop's Julian Haight intentionally blocked mail from the Politech server
 >(which has never been a source of any spam) last month as a way to apply
 >pressure to the network where the server is located. Then he appeared to
 >change his mind and back down. But he refused to tell me what happened and

http://www.politechbot.com/p-04261.html :
    SpamCop targets another rival: Despammed.com's free service

http://www.politechbot.com/p-04129.html

At 2002\11\04 22:05 -0500 Monday, Declan McCullagh wrote:
 >See also, from the second time Politech was incorrectly blacklisted by Spamcop:
 >
 >Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 12:52:44 -0500
 >From: jhh@siliconinc.net
 >To: Declan McCullagh <declan@well.com>
 >Subject: Re: FC: Politech incorrectly blocked by SpamCop -- for the third time
 >
 >Hi Declan,
 >
 >I recently worked with a datacenter that housed a rather notorious
 >spammer (azoogle.com), and found out that spamcop actually does not
 >filter them (or several other spammers). Why? Payoffs. Thats right,
 >spamcop is paid to not filter several several UCB sources... I guess
 >thats their right though as a business (just as its mine to seek a
 >better source of blacklists). Its a bit annoying that they have that
 >paypal "donate" button up at the top of their website though. Im sure
 >they are doing quite well from the spammers bribes and the last thing
 >they need is more money.

That's not bad. It is sort of inherently reasonable.

The list of Politechbot articles on SpamCop:
    http://www.politechbot.com/cgi-bin/politech.cgi?name=spamcop

A lengthy page summarising SpamCop : http://jhoward.fastmail.fm/spamcop.html

http://www.politechbot.com/p-04527.html