Date:      Mon, 26 May 2003 03:16:08 -0100
From:      ".VWV." <victorvittorivonwiktow@interfree.it>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   kernels' weight

Hi to all.

I would like to post a question.
We know Linux is the son of the microkernel Minix. Linux kernel is simple=
 and=20
light, but its compilation is complicate, owing to the need of a lot of=20
modules, and to the difference between several distributions. It is much=20
easier to compile a FreeBSD kernel, even if it needs some megabyte more. =
If=20
we can compress the kernel following the instruction on the Dossier books=
,=20
who cares of its original weight?
Once I know how to compile the FreeBSD kernel and how to write the file=20
'fstab', I can quite dominate my operating system - moreover, the=20
partitioning system is much more advanced -.
I'm running FreeBSD as the main administration of a pair of workstations.=
 I=20
have no needs as for networks. Please forgive me if I'm writing from a de=
ad=20
Linux installation, I have no time to learn the network commands on FreeB=
SD,=20
whilst building my complicate hardwares...
I have never liked the chaotic and competitive world of 'penguins', I'm p=
roud=20
of learning the only unix with FreeBSD.

Live Berkeley or die

VITTORI