Date:      Mon, 6 Oct 2003 12:01:45 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Michael Reifenberger <root@reifenberger.com>
To:        freebsd-audit@freebsd.org
Subject:   adding a disk stop daemon to -current (fwd)

--0-1004958317-1065431712=:22639

Hi,
I would like to add the attached daemon gstatd to current to implement the
stopping of disks (currently implemented for CAM devices) after an amount of
inactivity. The inactivity is determined via GEOM statistics (obtained from
gstat(8)).

I've been in contact with warner about an more generic way of stopping devices
but there's currently nothing available.

Since it's my first daemon I would like to get some feedback about it first.

Bye!
----
Michael Reifenberger
^.*Plaut.*$, IT, R/3 Basis, GPS
FreeBSD is BSD, UNIX(tm) is a BSD-like OS
--0-1004958317-1065431712=:22639--