Date:      Mon, 15 Sep 2003 11:41:27 +0300
From:      "Konstantinos Fotiadis" <kostas.fotiadis@oteglobe.net>
To:        <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   2 CPUs

Greetings list,

I am a newcomer in Unix and FreeBSD and I have a small question.
If I have a box with 2 CPUs (Intel P4) does freeBSD recognize them ?
If yes how can I see this, how can I see the utilization of each CPU and how
can I assign a process to both CPUs or only to one, etc. I have seen W2K
doing this through the Task Manager by setting the Affinity of the process.
All these questions also apply to the new Intel's technology HYPER
THREADING. With this, you can have a single CPU but your OS sees that it has
two and again you can set the Affinity, etc.

All the best,

Kostas