Date:      Tue, 29 Apr 2003 10:23:23 +0200
From:      Brad du Plessis <bradd@cat.co.za>
To:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Userland ppp and i4b problems

Hi

I'm trying to setup user-ppp over i4b in NetBSD. I know this is a FreeBSD=
 list=20
but no one seems to be able to help me on the NetBSD lists.

User ppp needs a raw channel from I4B and in FreeBSD from what I've read =
the=20
usrdevicename in isdnd.rc has to be=20
=09=09usrdevicename =3D rbch

Now NetBsd-current doesn't have the i4brbch0 & 1 devices so I assume that=
=20
/dev/isdnbchan0 & /dev/isdnbchan1 are the equivalents.

I've set up isdnd to use isdnbchan0 and isdnbchan1 but when I set it as t=
he=20
device for user-ppp and try and run a dialin to another box over an isdn=20
emulator I get the following error message:

tcsetattr : Failed configuring device

Can someone confirm whether or not this is the equivalent of the rbch dev=
ice=20
in FreeBSD? Does anyone know what I can do to get this to work?

The idea is to try and do channel bonding between the two systems and thi=
s is=20
the only way I know of to do it.

By the way, does anyone know how to do channel bonding with standard TA's=
 (in=20
particular a 3Com USB ISDN TA). I don't know if I've been looking in the=20
wrong places, but there doesn't seem to be any documentation on this.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks
 Brad