Date:      Sat, 13 Sep 2003 12:35:03 -0000
From:      "Jim Flowers" <jflowers@ezo.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anti Virus for mail server

I just installed clamav 0.60 --with-milter (clamav-milter) on a clean
FreeBSD.4.8-STABLE from the ports collection (clamav-devel) with no problems
and so far (24 hours) it seems to be reliable with very-low volume testing
usage.  Freshclam ran easily and updated the virus files right away.

Now I'll add spamassassin using the most recent version that discards
messages over a certain score and combined with sendmails native anti-spam
tweaks and dnsbls (spamcop and others) that should do it.

ClamAV is looking real good compared to everything else I have tested.
Hopefully, more people will try it, like it, and it will gain the critical
mass necessary to become even more stable, have a loyal following (mail
list) and be continually supported by the GPL community.

--
Jim Flowers<jflowers@ezo.net>