Date:      Wed, 1 Jan 2003 18:11:28 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tom Samplonius <tom@sdf.com>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   which jdk?

  I need a jdk 1.3 or better to run on FreeBSD 4.7-stable for Tomcat.
Which jdk is currently the best bet?  It seems that native-jdk1.3.1 is
working ok, but Hotspot seems to be troublesome.  On the linux side, it
seems that linux emulator changes may cause trouble, and the kernel code
may have to kludged.  Is that still the case with more recent 4.7-stables?
I don't see any notes about whether the linux jdk's can use Hotspot
running with the linux emulator.

  I think it would be nice if the known working feature set (ex. native
threads, Hotspot, JIT, etc. as appropriate for each jdk) of each jdk port
could be included in the description.  There are so many jdk ports, and it
can be difficult to figure out which one will do what things.

Tom