Date:      Wed, 1 Jan 2003 11:19:59 +0300
From:      Kirill Bezzubets <kirill@solaris.ru>
To:        Roderick van Domburg <r.s.a.vandomburg@student.utwente.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ep0 hard lockup during install (CURRENT)

On Mon, Dec 30, 2002 at 11:23:11PM +0100, Roderick van Domburg wrote:

> Hello,
>
> For three days in a row now I have tried installing the most recent 5.0
> snapshots on my Armada V300 from floppies. I have also tried the RC2 floppies.
>
> Unfortunately, the system freezes up solid when it configures ep0. I have a
> DHCP server here but manually entering the IP configuration results in the same
> hard lockup. No error messages of any kind are given, I can't switch to pty2
> and the kernel doesn't panic. It just locks up completely and indefinitely.
>
> ep0 is a PCMCIA card. I have two of such cards, one being a 3C589, the other a
> 3CXE589DC. Both cards produce the same result but worked fine on 4-STABLE.

I've got the same problem - 3C589D & 3C589E with DELL Latitude CPi
(TI 1131 CardBus Controller) produce the same result,
but only at install time. I set up 5.0-RC1 from CD
then both cards work just fine for me, including DHCP & IPv6.

--
BR,
Kirill Bezzubets                                CASE-RIPE CASE-RIPN