Date:      Sun, 30 Mar 2003 14:30:44 +0300
From:      |XmaN| <slacker@k.ro>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Acer Aspire 1400

Hi, I 'm thinking about to buy a laptop, and I want to know if anyone has
problems using FreeSD. Thanks in advance.

This is the description:

Processor & Core Logic
Intel Pentium 4 processor at 1.7 GHz with 256 KB L2 cache or 2 GHz or
higher with 512 KB L2 cache
Intel 845 chipset supports 400 MHz system bus

System Memory
Standard SDRAM or DDR RAM(depending on model), upgradeable to 1024 MB on
dual soDIMM sockets

Storage
Ultra DMA - 100 HDD

Storage Devices
Integrated 1.44 MB 3.5 " FDD
Integrated 8 x DVD, or
Integrated 8 x DVD / 24 x(8 / 8 / 24) CD - RW combo drive

Display & Graphics
14.1 " XGA TFT display, 1024 x 768, 16.7 Mio. colours
15.0 " XGA TFT display, 1024 x 768, 16.7 Mio. colours
ATI MOBILITY RADEON ? 4 x AGP graphic controller with external 16 MB DDR

Simultaneous LCD and CRT display capability
DualView ? support
Hardware 3 D graphics engine
MPEG - 2 / DVD hardware - assisted capability

Audio
MS DirectSound - compatible
3 D audio system with two stereo speakers
Four Audio DJ music CD control buttons for play
	/pause, stop / eject, previous track, and next track

Communication Interface
10 / 100 Mbps Fast Ethernet
56 K ITU V .90 fax / data modem(with international PTT approval);
Wake - on - Ring - ready

I / O Ports
1 x Type III or 2 x Type II / I CardBus PCMCIA slots
1 x RJ - 11 jack for modem
1 x RJ - 45 jack for Ethernet
1 x DC - in jack for AC adapter
1 x ECP / EPP - compliant parallel port
1 x external VGA port
1 x speaker - /headphone - /line - out jack
1 x microphone - /line - in jack
3 x USB ports
1 x S - video TV - out(NTSC / PAL) port

Power Subsystem
ACPI 1.0 B power management standard supports Standby and Hibernation power
- saving modes
87 Wh Li - ion battery pack
90 W AC adapter

Keyboard & Pointing Device
87 / 88 / 91 keyboard with Windows ® &Application keys, inverted "T" cursor
layout
19 mm spacing, 3 mm(min.)key  travel
Built - in touchpad pointing device with mouse buttons
Audio DJ music CD control panel
Embedded numeric keypad

Preloaded OS
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition << Not for a long time

Regards

P.S.
Sorry for my English I 'm Italian

--

Q: How many Microsoft executives does it take to change a light bulb?
A: None. They wait one week and then they make darkness as a standard.

K Free E-mail http://www.k.ro/
Sarbatorile de Pasti, vacante pentru toti prin http://www.romaniantourism.ro/