Date:      Sun, 1 Jun 2003 04:42:27 -0000 (GMT)
From:      "Eric H" <freebsd@totalsmackdown.net>
To:        <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Linksys WPC11 ver.4

I recently picked one of these up looking for a supported replacement card
for my Broadcom mini-pci nic that came with my Dell Inspiron 8500. Due to
my haste and impatience, I failed to notice that it was version 4 of the
card and upon inserting the card under 5.0-RELEASE GENERIC, I get the
following:

#Manufacturer ID: 00004c02
Functions: Network Adapter, Multi-Functioned
Function Extension: 0102
Function Extension: 0280969800
Function Extension: 0200e1f505
Function Extension: 040600e04c390010
Product Version: 5.0
Product Name: Realtek | rtl8139 |
CIS reading done
~~~~
Cardbus0: < unknown card > (vendor=0x10ec, dev=0x8180) at 0.0 irq 11
cbb0: CardBus card activation failed

Not sure how similar to the previous revisions of the card this is, but
quite possibly just a minor change or addition to the wi driver. Anyone
have any luck or have any ideas?

Eric H