Date:      Sun, 30 Nov 2003 19:10:39 +1000
From:      Peter Grehan <grehan@freebsd.org>
To:        Mark Kirkwood <markir@paradise.net.nz>
Cc:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Project Status

Hi Mark,

> ok> boot -s
> panic: free: guard1 fail @:0x7f20 from
> /mnt/home/freebsd/freefall/src/sys/boot/common/devopen.c: 0x3a

  I hadn't seen that with the loader from the last drop, but I've
subsequently seen it. Try a brand-spanking-new loader from:

   http://www.ptree32.com.au/freebsd/loader.113003

  This has a number of fixes/additions:

  - FICL is now supported (beastie.4th works).
  - both hybrid-HFS and 'normal' ISOs are supported
  - the load address is 0x1c00000 to give more space
    for modules/ramdisks
  - correct heap size passed to libstand, no more bizarre
    errors are a result of unhandled malloc failure
  - signed char fixes in libstand/zalloc (e.g. guard1/guard2
    false positives)

Still todo:

  - HFS+ read-only filesys in libstand, about half done.
  - passing of currdev as a parameter from OpenFirmware e.g.
     0 > boot hd:,loader -c hd:13
  - __syncicache doesn't use correct cacheline size on G5

later,

Peter.