Date:      Sun, 16 Mar 2003 17:01:29 -0500 (EST)
From:      <sysadmin@wvths.com>
To:        <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   openssh 3.5 connection timeout

Hello list,

 I am having a problem with establishing the connection to the ssh server
runnning on 4.7 as well as 5.0.

 The tcpdump capture shows that the OpenSSH server tries to resolve the
the IP address of the client by doing the series of 4-8 PTR queries to
the UDP port 53 of 127.0.0.1. The timeout takes about 38-40 seconds.
After that I get the password prompt as usual.

Has anyone anyone seen this behavior before or know of the solution? Any
input will be apreciated.

Thanks.