Date:      Sat, 23 Oct 2004 23:46:45 -0400
From:      David Gilbert <dgilbert@dclg.ca>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Cc:        dell-d800@eicat.ca
Subject:   swapping things stopped working.

I have a Dell D800 laptop.  It seems to me that somewhere very recent
--- in the runup to the 5.3 release likely, the ACPI event that occurs
when I change what's in my bay (either a DVD writer or a battery) has
stopped occuring.

Whichever device is in on boot seems to work OK, but changing devices
doesn't seem to work any longer.

Did something change recently that would affect this?

Dave.

|David Gilbert, Independent Contractor.       | Two things can only be     |
|Mail:       dave@daveg.ca                    |  equal if and only if they |
|http://daveg.ca                              |   are precisely opposite.  |