Date:      Sun, 22 Feb 2004 01:04:43 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Dan Langille <dan@langille.org>
Cc:        advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Another milestone...

--HcAYCG3uE/tztfnV

On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 09:43:51PM -0500, Dan Langille wrote:
> On 29 Dec 2003 at 22:34, Matthew Seaman wrote:
>=20
> > According to freshports.org, the addition of the palm/uppc-kmod port on
> > Mon Dec 29 16:33:02 2003 UTC has resulted in the passing of yet another
> > milestone: this took the count of available ports to 10,000.
> >=20
> >     http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/palm/uppc-kmod/Makefile
> >=20
> > Pretty impressive going.
>=20
> Not to detract from the significance, But I should be the first to=20
> say that FreshPorts counts ports differently to that found in=20
> /usr/ports/INDEX, which does not necessarily include all ports in the=20
> tree.

By definition, INDEX includes all ports that are connected to the
tree, and excludes only those that have not yet been connected
(e.g. repo-copies in progress) or have been deliberately disconnected
(usually due to extreme breakage).

AFAIR freshports counts the disconnected ports too.

Kris

--HcAYCG3uE/tztfnV

--HcAYCG3uE/tztfnV--