Date:      Sun, 21 Nov 2004 07:33:38 -0800
From:      Rob <rob2@pythonemproject.com>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Cc:        Dude Dude <pheeleep@hotmail.com>
Subject:   Re: mobo for amd64 3.2

David O'Brien wrote:

>On Sat, Nov 20, 2004 at 01:15:09AM +0000, Dude Dude wrote:
>

>>hey, i will buy a new amd64bits socket 939, and i would like to know if you
>>have good experiences freebsd compatibility with any socket939 board!!
>>

>Very good. :-)

Here very good luck with Abit AV8, although not latest chipset.  Has
460W supply, huge fan, 2 SCSI 160 drives, Plextor CDRW drive,
coolermaster case.  When started up, sounds like u are on the tarmac at
an airport, sound just down 20db.

  I'd like to try to run Grip-GoGo on it and see how fast it will rip a
cd.  When I had my old Athlon mobo, very high speed chip, it would
translate an entire cd's worth of audio  to mp3 in  5-10sec.   All the
rest of the time was spent waiting for cd  data to be extracted  LOL.

Sincerely,  Rob.