Date:      Fri, 19 Nov 2004 03:43:16 +0800
From:      Jia-Shiun Li <jiashiun@gmail.com>
To:        Olivier Houchard <mlfbsd@ci0.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Current status and further development

Hi Oliver,

I tried following the instructions to build -current , but the first
stage to build a cross-compiler would fail with messages like this:

make: don't know how to make /usr/cross/usr/lib/libc.a. Stop
*** Error code 2

Stop in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/cc.

at the step of 'make all' for cc. I checked the .depend file, the last
line said cc depends on /usr/cross/usr/lib/libc.a and
/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/cc/cc/../cc_int/libcc_int.a. Since I am building
the cross-compiler for the first time, there is nothing under
/usr/cross. Do I need some more hack or compiled library to continue?

Thanks,

Jia-Shiun.