Date:      Sun, 22 Feb 2004 09:58:14 +0800
From:      "Zhang Weiwu" <weiwuzhang@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   use bluetooth with LAN profile

I'm new to bluetooth. I read the handbook bluetooth chapter several time,
but I don't think I really get it:(

Okay, let me try to explain it so please you can tell me if I have some
concepture problem:

To let several other bluetooth device (notebooks) to access my LAN, that is
"LAN access for multiple Bluetooth devices". So I need to have a server, on
this server I need to run rfcomm_pppd and sdpd. Each other notebook connect
to my server's bluetooth card, and establish a single rfcomm connection,
that is to emulate a serial connection between the notebook and the server.
Finally I'll have several virtual serial connection to my server, for
several bluetooth notebook. And on these serial connections I need to run
ppp on client side and pppd on server side. Am I correct?

But I have a problem: is sdpd part of the sdp-1.5 package? I cannot find
this package on port tree. The handbook suggest me to get the package from
<http://www.geocities.com/m_evmenkin/>; but geocities is not accessable from
China. This site has been blocked for several years for political reasons.
Can I get the package elsewhere? "sdp bluetooth" is not a good google
keyword to find it.

Thank you!