Date:      Thu, 01 Jan 2004 17:36:12 +0900 (JST)
From:      Hiroki Sato <hrs@FreeBSD.org>
To:        kensmith@cse.Buffalo.EDU
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/README.txt

----Security_Multipart(Thu_Jan__1_17_36_12_2004_378)--

Ken Smith <kensmith@cse.Buffalo.EDU> wrote
  in <20040101074315.GA29508@electra.cse.Buffalo.EDU>:

kensmith> As far as I can tell there is nothing similar to this anywhere in
kensmith> the doc/ area so it doesn't seem to "fit" there, at least for its
kensmith> current use.  If we aren't going to do anything other than copy
kensmith> that file to README.TXT on ftp-master my vote would be for putting
kensmith> it into projects/.

 Hmmm, I think "New Mirrors" and "Contents of this directory" section
 in README.TXT should be added to articles/hubs, too.

kensmith> But...  If you were thinking as part of doing this maybe we should
kensmith> add to its current use by providing translations of it then it might
kensmith> fit more with option (2) above.  Maybe a README.TXT.JP, etc.?  I'm
kensmith> not sure how best to organize it, having too many translations would
kensmith> clutter up the top-level FTP directory quite a bit.

 How about moving the several sections to articles/hubs and generating
 README.TXT from it?   It is relatively easy to extract portions of the
 sections from articles/hub, and the information provided in README.TXT
 does not overlap if we do so.  And putting the generated README.TXT
 into projects/ftp if an additional management is needed.  While
 I am not sure if the translations are needed, they can be referred
 as an article without putting files like README.TXT.JP.

 This an idea, though.