Date:      Sun, 27 Jun 2004 14:10:48 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@FreeBSD.org>
To:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Tidying SGML documents

--=-ylsafWJjEwsnNmLyfexf

I figure I'd ask before trying to clean these manually.  What sgml-fu do
you guys use to tidy horrendously formatted website documents?  The
GNOME docs are in pretty bad shape, and I've finally gotten fed up
enough to fix them.

I'm a vim user, and found this sometime ago:

autocmd BufNewFile,BufRead *.sgml,*.ent,*.html,*.tex,*.xsl set
autoindent formatoptions=3Dtcq2l textwidth=3D70 shiftwidth=3D2 softtabstop=
=3D2
tabstop=3D8

It works great for writing new documents, but I was hoping there was a
nice automatic recipe for existing documents.  Thanks.

Joe
--=20
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team	::	gnome@FreeBSD.org