Date:      Mon, 9 Feb 2004 23:05:07 +0100
From:      sebastian ssmoller <sebastian.ssmoller@gmx.net>
To:        geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   stripe and mirror on the same disks

hi,
currently i use vinum (on 5.2R) for my stripe/mirror setup. i have two
40gb disks. my /usr /home /var and /tmp partitions are "striped" and
my backup/cvs partition (/mnt/mirror) is "mirrored".

i have only read some doc about geom and i wonder if this setup would be
possible with it ?
geom_stripe, geom_concat (and possible geom_mirror) are based on disks
(not slices) as far as i understand ? if so, how could i use both
geom classes / tools for the same physical disks ?

how does geom_vinum fit into this situation ?

i have not found much doc about the whole stuff - is there any ?

Any hints would be appreciated ...

regards,
seb

FreeBSD: Are you guys coming or what?
OpenBSD: Hey guys you left some holes out there!