Date:      Mon, 26 Jan 2004 17:42:50 -0600
From:      Corey Stotts <cstotts@uni.edu>(by way of Corey Stotts <cstotts@uni.edu>)
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   ata interrupt allocation problem with SiS 5513 onboard controller

Hi,

I have an old Pentium 133 system using an SiS chipset (PCI bridge 85c501)=
 and
a PhoenixBIOS from cerca 1995. I have encountered the following error whi=
le
trying to boot either 4.9-RELEASE or 5.2-RELEASE:

ata2: at 0x1f0 on atapci0
ata2: unable to allocate interrupt

I am using the onboard IDE built into the chipset. Other OS's are able to
successfully use the device and detect the single hard drive on it. Since=
 the
drive only supports up to PIO mode 3, I am setting hw.ata.ata_dma=3D0 in =
the
loader. Setting hw.ata.wc=3D0 makes no difference.

The system is bare-bones: only a PCI VGA card (Trio64V+ 4 MB) is installe=
d,
otherwise the only other peripherals are the ps/2 keyboard and the built-=
in
COM1, COM2 and parallel port.

The drive is an old WD caviar 1.08 gb.

Any ideas? This one's a strange one. This little system would make a nice
router/server once I get a couple NICs installed... but first I need to s=
ee
the drive!

Thanks
Corey