Date:      Mon, 10 May 2004 10:18:11 +0530
From:      <Muthu_T@Dell.com>
To:        <freebsd-ia64@freebsd.org>
Subject:   20040502 snapshot + Dell PE3250

Hi,

   After the discussion with you folks in this mailinglist, today I
tried to
Install FreeBSD.=20

   While Partition Creation Screen(DiskLabel Editor), I am seeing 2
issues.

1. In the normal x86 installation, sysinstall first create the Slice in
the selected
Disk and then it will goto DiskLabel Editor to create partitions on the
slice.
I couldn't see this step in IA64 install. It skips the Slice creation
and directly
Goes to Partition creation Screen. What is the reason behind this?=20

2. In the current partition creation(disklabel editor) screen, I can see
only
EFI partition as 100MB size. Actually I already has RedHat AS 2.1
installed on this machine.
But that ext2 & swap partition are not displayed at all. Will
sysinstall/IA64 doesn't understand
Linux & other Oses(windoz)?=20

   In other way, how can I dual boot Linux & FreeBSD on PE3250?

Last week while doing autopartitioning it corrupted my existing Linux
Partition (ie: It occupied the entire disk except the EFI partition). At
that time I didn't noticed it, so I was wondering what went wrong. Now I
got the glitch.

Any pointers?

Thanks.

--T. Muthu Mohan